Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome back to the world of GROWN UPS!!!

If you couldn't tell by reading the last post I wrote yesterday (however abbreviated it may have been--crying babies sometimes have to take priority over blogging...) I was SO excited to start my new job today. And you know what? I remembered today how God just doesn't let us down! He knew how much I wanted today to go well...and He delivered! I had a great time today at work, even if the next two weeks are just going to be training classes. I absolutely love my trainer and all the folks in our training class. There are nine of us total...and only one guy (poor thing!). It took about the first half of the morning for us to kind of warm up to each other, but I can honestly say I remember at least half the class's names already and we were chatting like old friends by the end of the day! It was SO nice! Can't wait for tomorrow--even if I am a bit sleepy!

Anyhow, my kids went to the babysitter today for the first time since October of 2009, when I stopped working. I was really afraid that we were going to have some issues with this, but believe it or not, they had a blast and no crying or fussing. I'm sincerely hoping and praying for a repeat of the same tomorrow...but with my kiddos no two days are ever alike!

Speaking of my kiddos...let me tell you. My crew can make me laugh so hard. My daughter decided the other day to play pretend with a baby wipe she decided to swipe from the package--and used it like our pastor uses a handkerchief over your face when you get baptized. She put the baby wipe over her face and then laid herself down in the floor...and told her brother that was how you got "apatized". Now, to me, of course, it almost makes it sound like an appetizer...but I know in my heart of hearts she is meaning Baptized. And it #1 makes me laugh hysterically, and #2 reminds me that her little eyes sure are paying attention! Another funny thing that my son has done is call our flyswatter the "baby-swatter"...and I have no idea why...

I am so blessed to have the wonderful family that I do. I really am. That doesn't say that they don't drive me to the absolute brink sometimes, but I enjoy nothing better than a smile on their faces! I love being able to spend time with them. But I swear, for the life of me, I am so glad I am now getting to go back to work. I am so much better when I get to be in the land of the multi-syllable words and no diaper changes for a few hours. I'm so glad to be back! My, how I have missed grown ups!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment