Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time for bed already?

Yup. It's 10:15pm. And I'm already in my PJ's. When did this happen?? Oh, that's right. I'm no longer "gainfully unemployed." HA! I have to set the alarm and get up and get kids ready and me ready and get out the door early early early. It's a lot to get used to again! But I'm so glad I get to!!! I'm really enjoying my job--and so thankful for it!

Tonight it was so funny. My sis and bro-in-law came over for dinner and some other stuff, and my sis brought her clippers with her to cut my son's hair, as he was starting to resemble the shaggy dog! So--after much unnecessary drama, my son's hair was finally cut, yet he was covered in little bitty hairs all over! There was NO way that little guy was coming back into the house like that!! So what were we to do?? What any other loving, concerned, and caring mother would do. I hosed him off with the hose pipe and made him get directly into the bathtub--no passing GO or collecting his $200! Hehee... He threw such a fit over the actual haircut, yet basked in the ice cold water that was being sprayed out on him! Go figure!! I would take a haircut any day over getting blasted with cold water!!! He thought it was the most fun thing on earth at that moment in time that he could ever be doing. I have laughed so hard...watching him with the hose trying to figure out how it works, while water is still shooting out! Thank God he as good-natured about it though...otherwise he would have just screamed more, I'm sure! *Oh--and with this new haircut, my son looks SO much more like his daddy--and so much more Mexican!!!! Of course he's handsome as all get-out...but the shorter hair makes it look so much darker! I love my little fella!!

Speaking of screaming...why on earth do small children think that the best way to communicate any dissatisfaction with the way you are handling things is to scream until their face changes colors? I have yet to understand this. My son decided to do that on the way home today--followed by my daughter screaming at me just as intensely just to inform me that her brother was screaming. As if my ears had stopped working for the past 3 miles... Does anyone understand this? I think when I listen closely, my ears are STILL ringing from all the screaming in my car today. Sure, a mini-van is a pretty good size...bu it is still very close quarters when it comes to ear-splitting decibels!!!

Well, to anyone who is reading my blogs, thank you...comments are always welcome too if you'd like. I'm going to head to bed now...my little guy should be waking up soon for a bottle but I'd love to get a nap in first. I hope everyone has a great night and I shall blog again as I can! Lovin my crazy-beautiful familia~no matter how loca it gets!!! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment